Ty Cohen joins Tiffany to talk about discipline, focus, and consistency within your business. At the end of the day, you can’t be consistent until you are disciplined enough first. Tiffany gets vulnerable and opens up about where she knew she was lacking discipline, and then how she trained herself. They both go over tips and ideas on how to manage your time and your goals. Get your pen and paper and be ready to take some notes!
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE
- Discipline discipline discipline! The name of the game is discipline. Ty talks about when he used to go to the library to use the computer with time restraints. He had to make himself FOCUS and not allow distractions to come and to take him away from his 20 minutes. Be intentional with your time. Don’t spend your time planning, spend your time, and DO the things. We can spend all the time in the world planning. But you gotta take that next step and DO THE DAMN THING.
- There are three types of people. One, the person who asks how you did something and then once they find out how much work it will take say “Oh yeah, okay I will start making those changes” and then one year later are in the same place they were the previous year. Then you have the individual who had something traumatic happen in their lives or their back is pushed up against a wall and they truly want to know how to do it. They are the people who take the information, uses it, and implements it. Then there’s the person who is already successful and understands knowledge is power and wants to learn more. Really take a moment, and be honest with yourself, which one are you?
- When you get comfortable and you are coasting, that is the most dangerous place to be. You always need to be thinking, great I made it to this place, now how do I get to the next level? Can the current version of yourself get you to that next level? If your answer is no then you have to take a moment and really not ask yourself “what are my weaknesses and what are my strengths?” No, you have to ask yourself, “where am I lacking discipline.” You need to make yourself disciplined in the areas that you have made negotiable.
- Life is constantly throwing us life cards. (Check out our episode about life cards) It’s how you handle those cards you’re dealt that truly defines you, not the cards. The key is to be able to pick yourself back up. You’re going to get knocked down in life, but you have to get back up and try again. Never be afraid of failing, because the greatest lessons you will ever learn are the ones you learn from your failures.
- A big important key to success is check your surroundings. We are products of our environments. If you surround yourself with people who aren’t chasing as big of a game as you or bigger, you will not get to where you want to be. Surround yourself with people who are going to challenge you and inspire you. Surround yourself with people who are fighting for the next best version of themselves, so that you too will do the same.
A LITTLE ABOUT TY
Ty Cohen is an accomplished internet marketer, who over a decade ago, took a major gamble with his life financially by quitting his corporate job and starting a business of his own.
That business soon became both an offline and online success for Ty Cohen, generating millions of dollars in sales and totally transforming his life as well as the lives’ of countless others in just a few short years.
Today Ty Cohen is an internationally renowned Internet marketer, business consultant, speaker, personal development coach and author of over ½ dozen amazing book titles.
Where to find and connect with him:
Get a free copy of my new book “Kindle Publishing Secrets” by visiting: https://kindlecashflow.com/